Thanks to everyone in my Oct 3, 2019 free office hours session.
We had a great lineup of questions from the Tech Comm Tools community, and here’s a recap of what we covered along with a link to the recording:
- 00:30 Discussion of the (lack of) Object Properties link in the View menu. See my post for a link to vote on my Adobe feature request to fix this UI error.
- 06:30 Demonstration of how I manage page breaks with Master Page overrides.
- 07:30 Discussion of Ctrl+click to select text frame.
- 09:30 Using Ctrl+scroll wheel to zoom in/out on my document
- 12:00 Discussion of merits of master page adjustments vs. inserting page breaks
- 15:00 Discussion of (dis)advantages of multiple heading styles (e.g. Heading1, Heading1 Top of Page) vs. inserting Page Breaks
- 20:00 Discussion of altering structured doc EDD to adjust hyphenation.
- 23:10 Page breaks related to anchored frames in a structured document.
- 24:00 Demo of EDD modifications for Widow/Orphan and Hyphenation settings.
- 30:30 Discussion of EDD vs. Paragraph Catalog for formatting text.
- 34:45 Assessing the real internal cost of formatting and post-processing.
- 36:45 Managing cross-references across books, and effect on PDF output.
Subscribe to the newsletter and get access to my free weekly community office hours, as well as my latest content (and some of my all-time favorites) by email.