I had a great session with everyone in Thursday’s 9am Pacific office hours session. We didn’t have any RoboHelp users in today’s session, so the majority of topics were FrameMaker.
Here’s a quick list of what we discussed.
- Managing titles in autogenerated FrameMaker files (we used a List of Figures, or LOT in our example)
- A discussion of FrameMaker master pages and management of template items in general
- A review of RoboHelp versions, highlighting problems if you try (with an earlier version) to edit projects that were edited with a later release
- Discussion of paragraph style management options in FrameMaker, with an eye toward template management
- Strategies for FrameMaker cross-references, and ways to pull in only parts of a heading in the xref
- Discussion of FrameMaker generated lists of acronym or glossary items
As you can see, we got fairly detailed in our topics. Next week I expect to be talking about considerations for choosing and implementing a structured content model. If you’re considering moving to a structured workflow, you won’t want to miss this session.
Can’t wait til next week’s session? You can always use the Contact link above to book something on short notice.
Subscribe to the newsletter and get access to my free weekly community office hours, as well as my latest content (and some of my all-time favorites) by email.