FrameMaker 12 and RoboHelp 11 take advantage of nifty cloud and mobile device options which greatly enhance collaboration and review tools.
My Adobe webinar on 11/6/2014 covered these options, and the recording is available at http://adobe.ly/1ya8T9i
In the webinar I discussed:
FrameMaker 12 Dropbox functionality
- Setting up Dropbox integration
- Enabling folder structure for uploaded projects
- Saving a project with dependencies to Dropbox
- Showing Dropbox Sharing options in FrameMaker
- FrameMaker 12 PDF review
- Creating a tagged PDF
- Enabling Reader for review
- Transferring PDF for reviewers, including mobile via Dropbox, email, and AirDrop
- Importing comments, using the tracking bar
Discussion of accessing Dropbox on mobile (iPhone with iOS8)
- In Dropbox on my iPhone, I need to click on the PDF, then choose Preview > Share> Open in> Adobe Reader
(Really?! Dropbox: you couldn’t see this one coming?)
- Setting up Dropbox, et. al.
- Using Dropbox graphics in topics
- Pushing topics to Dropbox for sharing
Did this content answer a question for you? Consider signing up for my newsletter. Only an average of one email a week, and filled with great tech comm and content marketing material.
Need training or assistance? Please see Contact Matt or use the SpeakPipe option in the upper right corner to leave me a voice message.