Adobe released an update to RoboHelp 2019 today.
You can access this free update either by using the Help > Updates command in RoboHelp or by visiting https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html
Here’s what’s been added and fixed:
Generate output in command-line mode
Like RoboHelp Classic, you can now invoke RoboHelp 2019 as a command-line utility for output generation without launching the GUI. For example:
Robohelp.exe –cl “C:\Latte.rhpj” -o “My Responsive Output”
-l “C:\logfile.html” -p “C:\outputfolder”
Argument values containing spaces must be enclosed in double quotes.
For more information, see Generate output using a command-line utility.
Rename glossary terms and variables
You can now edit glossary terms and variable names. RoboHelp simultaneously updates all references of these items wherever applicable in a project, such as topic titles and content, Table of Contents, and output presets.
- On generating HTML5 output, RoboHelp user interface becomes blank if the TOC includes a DOCX file.
(Ref – 4562)
- When the Hide in output option is selected for baggage files in TOC, those files are not generated in the output.
(Ref – 4561)
- Glossary terms inserted in a topic do not work in Microsoft HTML output.
(Ref – 4560)
- Removing a glossary term in a topic removes the text also.
(Ref – 4559)
- A glossary term created from a topic does not show in the Glossary panel and is broken in the output.
(Ref – 4558)
- While using Find and Replace in a topic, the next searched result is replaced rather than the current highlighted result.
(Ref – 4551)
- Word Import: Paragraph/Heading styles with auto-numbering do not appear for style mapping and get converted to list styles.
(Ref – 4465)
- Glossary pop-up does not open near a glossary term when clicked.
(Ref – 4453)
- If two consecutive elements are excluded from the output, only one is getting excluded in output with condition expressions.
(Ref – 4448)
- Import of large Word files freezes RoboHelp if it is split into topics at any style.
(Ref – 4446)
- Lists from Classic projects do not upgrade properly if there is a block element like h1 in between.
(Ref – 4445)
- Predictive search shows a space instead of characters like “ä”.
(Ref – 4434)
- No visual representation of condition tags in the Contents panel when multiple tags are applied.
(Ref – 4407)
- RoboHelp shows the Save prompt if an open topic without any changes is closed.
(Ref – 4404)
- Clicking triple dots against a TOC item does not show the context menu.
(Ref – 4399)
- Application error appears on clicking Properties in TOC.
(Ref – 4398)
- Removal of condition tags on selected text inside a paragraph shows application error.
(Ref – 4394)
- RoboHelp removes hyperlinks when editing files with many hyperlinks.
(Ref – 4388)
- Selecting a list and removing the list style does not work.
(Ref – 4393)
- When adding a bookmark to a TOC, RoboHelp shows a missing TOC link message.
(Ref – 4364)
- CHM: Search tab does not appear in the default window and it appears empty if a window (with Search on) is applied.
(Ref – 4355)
- Problem in getting out of a particular list level.
(Ref – 4305)
- Issues with drag/drop placeholder in the Table Of Contents panel.
(Ref – 4304)
- Problem with spellchecker and French text with accents.
(Ref – 4298)
- No visual representation in the Snippets panel if a snippet-level condition tag is applied.
(Ref – 4271)
- Selecting text and inserting an internal hyperlink does not work.
(Ref – 4247)
- Color changes made to Sidebar (Indigo layout) are not applied.
(Ref – 4197)
- If the value of a variable is changed, it does not reflect in an open topic until the topic is reopened.
(Ref – 4006)
- When a topic name and a topic/project title are edited, the updated Field values are not shown in an open topic.
(Ref – 3833)
Subscribe to the newsletter and get access to my free weekly community office hours, as well as my latest content (and some of my all-time favorites) by email.