Adobe released FrameMaker 2019 Update 3 today. Use the Help > Updates menu item in FrameMaker 2019 to update, or visit https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows to download the updater manually.
Interested in FrameMaker 2019 training?
See TRAINING in the menu above for a free Introduction to FrameMaker 2019 course, as well as courses in advanced authoring and template design for both structured and unstructured (standard) FrameMaker. All versions supported.
- Using the Save As PDF route to generate PDF for a document containing some specific fonts for East Asian languages do not render correctly.
(Ref – 6002)
- Hyphenated words in Arabic language do render correctly in the PDF output.
(Ref – 5374)
- In some cases, when a document containing Helvetica font with Oblique Angle is saved as PDF, junk characters are found in the published PDF.
(Ref – 5977)
- FrameMaker does not generate a valid PDF for documents containing some specific Type 1 fonts.
(Ref – 5748)
- In the PDF output, the Grid lines do no render correctly.
(Ref – 5879)
- Scaling image using the Fit Frame (Proportionally) option does not retain the scaling properties for EPS and SVG files.
(Ref – 6017, 6071, 5959)
- Random image pixelation issues noticed in Responsive HTML5 output.
(Ref – 5820)
- A .png file imported into a document does not show in the Authoring mode, but renders correctly in the PDF output.
(Ref – 5929)
- In the PDF output, the math equations created using CoolType fonts do no render correctly.
(Ref – 5027)
- Drawing vertical lines using the ExtendScript is not possible.
(Ref – 5819)
- The Convert Text and Graphic Colors to RGB (Excluding Images)option (label) in the PDF General settings dialog gets cropped on a high-resolution monitor.
(Ref – 5767)
- Text truncation issues were noticed in some dialogs in localized versions.
(Ref – 5615, 5285, 6014, 5883)
- Adding a document to the Pinned documents list does not work as expected.
(Ref – 6022, 5217)
- The variable Name label is missing from the Add/Edit Variable pod.
(Ref – 5571)
Fixed crash issues in FrameMaker:
The following crash and freeze issues reported by users or found in FrameMaker have been fixed:
- In some cases, changing properties in the Object Properties dialog causes FrameMaker to freeze.
(Ref – 6030, 5999)
- In some cases, FrameMaker crashes on changing variable values using the Variables pod.
(Ref – 5869, 5962)
- FrameMaker crashes while importing a .sts file in the Word Importdialog.
(Ref – 6005, 5951)
- Importing a Word document containing nested tables results in a crash.
(Ref – 5344)
- FrameMaker crashes on copying tables with colored content from a PDF into a FrameMaker document.
(Ref – 5634)
- Random crashes noticed when saving FrameMaker 11 version files to FrameMaker 2019 version.
(Ref – 5948, 5935)
- In some cases, FrameMaker crashes on inserting a new reference element like topicref or mapref from the Elements Catalog.
(Ref – 5637)
- Closing a book file using the keyboard shortcut keys (Ctrl+F4) or switching between tabbed document window (Ctrl+Arrow key) causes FrameMaker to freeze.
(Ref – 5887, 6006)
Subscribe to the newsletter and get access to my free weekly community office hours, as well as my latest content (and some of my all-time favorites) by email.